Click here to see pictures from the dance.
Songs in red are available
on the Roseville Big Band Concert in the Park (+8) CD. Songs crossed
like this were on the original list but were skipped due to lack
of time. Songs in Italics were added by audience request; audience members also
requested several of the songs that were already on the play list, indicated
by an asterisk(*).
Set One (8:00-9:05):
1. Dance to the Big Band Swing (Rosetones, Glen P.)
2. Ac-cent-tchuate the Positive (Karen, GN)
3. Fly Me to the Moon (Kirk; Bill F., alto sax)
4. As Long As I’m Singing (GN, vocal; Dan D.)
5. Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen (Karen, Diane, Kirk, vocals; GN, trumpet and vibes); by popular request!
6. Satin Doll (Ann, Rosetones, Dan D., Harvey)
6.5 Cha Cha Cha for Judy
7. Coquette (Harvey, Jim)
8. It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got that Swing (Rosetones, Dan O.)
9. I've Got You Under My Skin (Glen P.)
10. Moon River (Kay and Bill F., alto sax duet; Rosetones)
10.5 Blue Tango
11. Opus One (Rosetones, Glen P., Rich, Dick)
12. Beer Barrel Polka (Rosetones, Keith, vocals)*
13. In the Mood (Kay, Glen P., Dan O.)
14. Lady is a Tramp (Rosetones; Keith scat; Jim)
15. I Don't Want to Walk Without You (Mark, flugelhorn)
Between sets: Terry and Cindy announced the two-generation winners of the secret dance contest: Jason and Amy Zobinski (married two years) and Pat and Bea McLaughlin (married 52 years).
Set Two (9:25-10:30): Ending time moved up from
10:40 so the CAF could have the raffle drawing at 10:30.
0.1. Somebody Loves Me (Rosetones, Glen P.; snowball dance starting with the dance contest winners)
0.2. I Can't Get Started (Kirk, GN, Rosetones)
0.3. Waltzing Matilda (Kay, Mark)
0.4. Blue Skirt Waltz (Kirk)
1. Rock Around the Clock (Bob, Bill P.)
2. Chattanooga Choo Choo (Hest arr.; Rosetones, Glen P.)*
3. Sing, Sing, Sing (Kenne; Kay, clarinet; Rich; Keith, scat vocal; GN, trumpet)*
4. Love is Here to Stay (Kirk, Rosetones, Jim)
4.5. Mac the Knife (Mark, Dan D.)
4.6. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (Karen, Diane, and Kirkina; Ann; trumpet section; moved from set 3 by request)*
5. Moonlight Serenade (Kay, clarinet)*
5.5 . On the Sunny Side of the Street (Rosetones; moved from set 3)
6. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter (Karen; Kay, soprano sax)
6.5. String of Pearls (Kay, GN, Ann; moved from set 3 by request)*
7. All of Me (Karen, Jim, Glen P., Rich)
8. Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (Rosetones)*
After set two: Armed Forces Medley (short version) and costume contest winner announcements; raffle drawing for airplane rides and flight lessons; starting up engines of the B-213 and AT-6. (The bomber was at an air show.).
Set Three (11:00-12:00):
1. Rosie the Riveter (Kirk, Bob, GN, vocals; Rich)
Songs 9-18 were left over from set 2 because the set was shorter than originally planned.
9. I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (George, Mark)
10. It Had to Be You (Kirk, Ann)
11. Sleepy Time Gal (GN, Mike B.)
7. For Once in My Life (Rod Smith arr.; Keith, vocal)
12. Woodchopper's Ball (GN, trumpet with plunger; Bob, Mike B., George, Jim, Rich, Keith (bass trombone), Bill F., Dan D., Dick)*
13. Blue Skies (Ann, Rosetones; Keith, scat)
14. Kiss of Fire Cha-Cha (Mark, Ann; guest percussionists)
15. Glory of Love (Rosetones; Kay, soprano)
16. Fever (Karen, Rich)
17. Apple Honey (Kay, clarinet; Glen P.)
18. Georgia on My Mind (Rosetones, Glen P.)
6. Pennsylvania 6-5000 (Dan O., Glen P.; audience chant-along; GN, telephone)
2. What a Wonderful World (Rosetones)
3. audience request (to be announced)
4. Ain't Misbehavin' (Kirk, Karen, Rosetones, Jim)
5. How About You? (Karen, GN, Glen P. (long version))
9. I Can't Stop Loving You (Mike B.)
10. Star Dust (Dan O.; Karen)
11. Little Brown Jug (Harvey, Glen P.)
14. I Can't Give You Anything But Love (Karen)
15. Last: Show Me the Way to Go Home (Ann, Glen P., Dick)
Roseville Big Band performers for this dance:
Saxes: Kay Foster (alto, soprano, clarinet),
Bill Frank (alto), Glen Peterson (tenor), Dan Desmonds (tenor), and Bill Pearson (baritone)
Trumpets/Flugelhorns: Mark Lee, Dan Odegaard , Harvey Skow and Bob Nielsen
Trombones: Mike Bratlie, George Henly, Rich Eyman, and Keith Miner (bass trombone)
Rhythm: Ann Booth (piano), Jim Foss (guitar), Dick Rogers (bass), and Kenne Thomas (drums)
Vocal: The Rosetones (Karen Dunn, Diane Lindberg, Kirk Lindberg and Glen Newton) and Keith Miner
Dance attendance was around 600 people.
Cindy and Terry Gardner of TC Swing gave the swing dance lessons from 7:00 to 7:45.
We sold 5 CDs (two to audience members and three to a band member), and the CAF PX took 10 CDs on consignment to sell.
We had requests for Beyond the Sea and Moonlight Cocktail, which we weren't able to play this time, but we might be able to get music for them and prepare them for the next dance.
Friday, February 07, 2020.
| About Us | Public
Performances | Sit-in Nights
| CDs | Meet
the Band | Picture Gallery
| FAQs | Songs
| History | Contact
Us | Search | Members' Corner